[PLUGIN] SVN Plugin

kannibal

Verified User
I have created a plugin to use it with svnprovider.com. It did not sell verry well and i love open source. So i started a new open source project at google code and giving away the Directadmin SVN Plugin for free!

This is my verry first da-plugin, so i don't know how to make a nice installation that make all the settings that are required now. Maybe you can help?

Make suggestions or report buggs here: http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/issues/list

PM me if you want to be a project member and help develop the plugin.

Plugin availible here: http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/

Screenshots here: http://warting.se/2010/10/13/directadmin-plugin/

Last edited:
ditto said:
Here is some questions:

1: Is there any PayPal account where we can give donations?

2: What system have you tested it on? Will it work fine on Apache 2.2.16, PHP 5.2.14 with suPHP, CentOS 5.5 64bit on newest DirectAdmin version?

3: Is it possible for you to add install instructions for how to manually install the plugin files for DirectAdmin located here: http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/downloads/list (I am not sure in what paths to add the files in DA?).

4: Will you be able to help answering questions during installation? I can pay you for this.

Thank you! (Edit: I have sent a email to DirectAdmin support and let them know about this plugin.)

1. Soon. I will remake svnprovider.com to a projectpage, it will have a donate button later on. If you feel you realy have to donate right now you can donate money to http://onlinefontconverter.com wish is one of my other projects it's awsome and free.

2. I have tested and currently using it on:

Apache 2.2.16 and some earlier versions (dont remember how many, latest version for about a year ago)

Php 5.2.14 and some earlier versions (dont remember how many, latest version for about a year ago)

Debian 5.0

Directadmin 1.36.2 and some earlier versions (dont remember how many, latest version for about a year ago)

3. Install instructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/wiki/Installation

4. of cource! it was about a year ago i developed and installed it. dont remmber everything but i will try to help

Thank you! I will have my technicians install SVN from subversion.tigris.org on my CentOS box in a few hours, and will then attempt to do the rest of your install instructions myself. :)

Edit: What should the owner and permission be set to for these files?:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_destroy_pre.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/virtual_host2.conf in
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/virtual_host2_secure.conf

Last edited:
My technicians have now installed subversion. But will your plugin install a svn module in Apache? Do I have to do that my self? Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you! I will have my technicians install SVN from subversion.tigris.org on my CentOS box in a few hours, and will then attempt to do the rest of your install instructions myself. :)

Edit: What should the owner and permission be set to for these files?:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_destroy_pre.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/virtual_host2.conf in
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/virtual_host2_secure.conf

-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 974 2009-10-22 16:16 domain_create_post.sh
-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 82 2009-10-05 10:11 domain_destroy_pre.sh
-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 1324 2009-10-05 09:35 user_create_post.sh

-rw-r--r-- 1 diradmin diradmin 1636 2009-10-05 09:17 virtual_host2.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 diradmin diradmin 1592 2009-10-22 17:09 virtual_host2_secure.conf

Always glad to help :) tell me how things works

EDIT: my plugin will not touch apache.

EDIT2: this lines are required in httpd.conf, dont remember how i got the .so files or how i compiled them
LoadModule dav_svn_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_svn.so

Last edited:
Maybe somthing like this?
apt-get install subversion libapache2-svn

Last edited:
Thank you very much, kannibal! I will have my technicians have a look at installing the apache module, and then try to configure the plugin tonight or tomorrow. I will then update you with how things work. :)

Thank you very much, kannibal! I will have my technicians have a look at installing the apache module, and then try to configure the plugin tonight or tomorrow. I will then update you with how things work. :)

Greate, good luck. Notice that your current user wont get SVN support. You will have to recreate the user at the moment... this should be fixed when i got some time left

Greate, good luck. Notice that your current user wont get SVN support. You will have to recreate the user at the moment... this should be fixed when i got some time left

Thank you. I am sorry to hear that. What do you mean by "recreate the user"? Is it really necessary to delete the user and add it again? Because I don't want to do that. Do you have more information about what the existing users is missing in order for SVN to work for them to, so that we might be able to add this manually? If not, will you be able to make a fix for this if I pay you? Then please send me a price for this job.

But, I think, first things first. First I will have to try to get it working for new users. I will get back to you and let you know how it goes.

I think this will do the trick:
http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/source/browse/trunk/Custom scripts/fixcurentusers.sh

UNTESTED! i don't have any environment to test it on
(this should be included in installation if it works)

Thank you, again! I will have my technicians look at the code. And hopefully it won't break my server if there is errors (I don't have any test environment so I must do it on my production server, it is a little scary). :) I will make sure to update you when I have tested and let you know if it works.

Edit: In your script you have things like this:

chown -R apache:apache
and this
chown -R $username:apache

I think that will be wrong for me, because I use suPHP and all my users is chowned to their own user names and not apache. Is there anybody around that have a test server with suPHP that can test this script?

Edit2: After looking at the other plugins files, I see that there is a lot of "chown -R apache:apache", and because I am not competent to change the srcipts my self, I just don't see how I can install it (because I use suPHP and the owner of files then should not be apache). So I just don't dare taking the risk. I hope someone using suPHP will test the plugin and do modifications and share them. If not, I think I can't take the chance. :( If there is any developers here that can test and modify it to work on CentOS 64bit server using suPHP, then I can pay up front for this. Please PM me then.

Last edited:
ditto,
try to change all "chown -R $apache:apache" to "chown -R $username:$username"

kannibal, thanks for share your plugin !

Last edited:
I finily got my envirement up and running and updated the installation Wiki.

This actualy seems to work: http://code.google.com/p/dasvn/wiki/Installation

Have not test to check in files with suPHP i think it will be permissions problem. Going to italy now and will be back on wednesday and fix just that.

Have not tested with none-suPHP in the new envirement at all but im pretty shure it will work.

Wow! Great job! For suPHP, do you think it will be enough to change all "chown -R $apache:apache" to "chown -R $username:$username" ? Or do you think there must be other changes to? If not, I can do this myself and try it out tonight!

Your instructions looks good! Thanks!

Wow! Great job! For suPHP, do you think it will be enough to change all "chown -R $apache:apache" to "chown -R $username:$username" ? Or do you think there must be other changes to? If not, I can do this myself and try it out tonight!

Your instructions looks good! Thanks!

Hopefully yes. Thats what i was going to try when getting back to sweden next weak.

No garanties...

Thanks! But why do you have "yes" after ./build apache? Like this from your wiki:

Code:
#/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build apache y

I have always just run "./build apache" without "yes" at the end. I don't know why I should have "yes"?

Last edited:
Thanks! But why do you have "yes" after ./build apache? Like this from your wiki:

Code:
#/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build apache y

I have always just run "./build apache" without "yes" at the end. I don't know why I should have "yes"?

god question... should not be needed. I have changed in wiki

You want y on the end if you want to build all the depencies of apache as well.

when runing in suPHP mode mod_dav_svn ignores "SuexecUserGroup usr1 usr1" it still running as user apache. does anyone know a work around and make it run as the user instead?

Back