exim doesn't start. No such file or directory

JakeFisher

We'v installed directadmin.
Exim worked, but we had, well, server crash and currently We are having following issue:

Code:
root@c58-76:/usr/local/directadmin/scripts# /etc/init.d/exim start 
    Starting exim: /etc/init.d/exim: line 34: /usr/sbin/exim: No such file or directory
Old log entries
Code:
re-exec of exim (/usr/sbin/exim) with -Mc failed: No such file or directory

The thing is that /usr/sbin/exim exists but I can't start it.

I run set_permissions.sh all script. And nevertheless file can't be found there.

Any help is appreciated.

It seems to work in my case.
But currently in Mail Queue Administration I have over 100 pages of tasks.
To empty all can I clean /var/spool/exim/input?

To delete all the queue no matter what use:

Code:
/usr/sbin/exim -Mrm `ls /var/spool/exim/input/ | grep -- -H$ | cut -c 1-16`

Regards

Thanks for your help.

Now I am going to dig into settings. Some emails don't get up to destination.

To delete all the queue no matter what use:
Code:
/usr/sbin/exim -Mrm `ls /var/spool/exim/input/ | grep -- -H$ | cut -c 1-16`
It might be better to freeze the messages first; your way may delete a message while a queue runner is trying to deliver it; I don't know what inconsistencies that will cause. Freezing a message won't happen if the message is being handled by a queue runner.

Also, your code won't work if exim is using a split spool as the latest exim.conf file distributed by DirectAdmin does; see the exim.conf setting split_spool_directory = yes or just look at your directory structure under either input or msglog.

To delete the entire queue I recommend this:
Code:
exiqgrep -i | xargs exim -Mf
exiqgrep -z -i | xargs exim -Mrm
The first line will freeze all the messages in the queue, and the second line will delete all frozen messages.

Of course you'll need a copy of exiqgrep (not the same as exigrep). Though part of the exim program suite, it's not included by default in DirectAdmin. You can get a copy of it here (nobaloney.net) and install it in the same directory as your exim executable, chmod and owned the same way).

Jeff

Jeff i need an urgent info not related.

I did edit something (i suppose) that i dont remember what it was, but, the result is that exim when a mail fail (example user quota exiided) doesnt send anymore the error back to who sent the email but keep it in queue untill can send the email.

I think i remember that was related to a new feature but i cant remember what i did on it.

Have you any idea for send me in any direction?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Not enough information, Andrea. Why not just reinstall exim.conf file? That's fast, and once you've got it working you can start tweaking it again for your need.

You wrote:
urgent info
If you really need me urgently you should always send email; once I've logged off DirectAdmin I usually don't look at again until at least the next day. Really urgent, call me :).

Jeff

Well not that urgent to disturb you man :) Actually i dont remember i changed exim.conf lately, im using your 4.1 now from very long time.. I think is something related to some new feature... well.. ill try to find out what shoiuld i did :)

Regards and thanks

Ive checked exim.conf and isnt change, made diff with a working server, no difference at all... so.. ive edited something else :/

Regards

Back